Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tybercyle


The news that Prince had died was rather a strange bit of news. I was sad, sure, but it did not have much of an impact. Trust me, 1999 and Let's Go Crazy were regular spinners on the turntable but I was not a Prince fan. Phenomenal musician, artist and guitar player, justifiably eccentric and insulated. 

But it did not have meaning, just a tinge of sadness as I reminisced and strolled down to the basement in hopes that my copies of his albums on vinyl were still there as they went through the roof after he died. Ah, but to no avail. Hopefully they are spinning on a turntable somewhere.

Anyhow, I seem to be hovering in between ambient, drone and noise these days. The dub techno thing is the air in which I swim but it is the ambient, drone and noise that rattles my cage and gets my attention.

I've had this comp for a long time now from one of the better netlabels out there and this one is chock full of musical cacophony. Took me a while to warm up to this because it's, well, a bit noisy. But it has grown on me with each spin (the vinyl spirit still lives!), an appreciation for each song just as it is with no expectation projected into it. 

In the right mood it's oddly enjoyable. 

Name Your Price offering 


P.S. You can get the entire label's output for €1 or a little over $1 USD. That's 90% off. Don't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment