Sunday, December 23, 2012

Peter Broderick - These Walls Of Mine I (The Making Of)

While I combine files from various HDs onto the new 3TB HD (8 hours remaining according to the progress bar)...

The Erased Tapes label features a variety of artists from a variety of genres ("cinematic pop music from neo-classical to IDM - picturesque, universally speaking music for people of all ages to dream to" according to the label).

Though I am somewhat familiar with Peter Broderick's work, mostly through his collaborations with Machinefabriek, I stumbled across this video and it really caught my attention.  With Peter reading something he has written, it shows the manufacturing process for the CD of his new album.

I work in manufacturing for my full-time gig so that, combined with the love of the 'stuff' of music (especially vinyl), brought the point home that there is a lot - and I mean a lot - that goes into making the 'stuff' of music.

This really gives an appreciation for what is involved.

Thought it interesting, thought you might as well:


Peter Broderick - These Walls Of Mine I (The Making Of) from Erased Tapes on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment