Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Different Detroit Connection

We are all multi-faceted and highly complex individuals, some more than others, which is what makes the world the marvel that it is. None of us have The Answer but in life we do gravitate toward those things which help us make sense of the world in which we live and set our priorities aright.

You can scratch the surface of my journey here but after many, many years of 'spiritual' searching, seeking meaning, looking for The One Thing, in the late 90s, as my electronic music love affair was reaching critical mass, I found myself immersed in the world of Charismatic Christianity. 

I've gone from the early days of personal questioning (driven by something much darker); to the writings of Joseph Campbell; to the militant agnostic/atheist path; into the quantum physics/New Age connection; through the eastern philosophies, including an ever deepening walk through the 'original' Chinese text(s) of the Dao De Jing; through a decades long love affair with alcohol and drugs capped off with a yearlong chemically fueled walkabout; to a full baptismal immersion within the Pentecostal tradition; to a Comparative Religious Studies degree tempered with a seven year deep dive into Islam.

I post this here, today, on Sunday, because something happened during this period of searching and I went to places that I could never have imagined had I not dove headlong into it. Sometimes it is far too easy to criticize from outside and you need to go in.

There have been many a 'peak' moment in my life and this is the music that takes me back to one of them. 

I could go on and on but I leave you with the music...

P.S. He is from Detroit. Seems fitting, no?


Info


Info is available on qobuz. Looks like I need to update Discogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment