Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Fragile


Hard to believe it's been over three months since my last post. You may or may not be aware of my personal circumstances but it has been emotionally, mentally and financially taxing in ways we never thought we'd experience at this stage of life. 

Days of awe and days of soul crushing sorrow but an intensity of feeling alive that often only comes in these types of situations.

This rolled across my mp3 player today and it hit me in the gut as music has the power to do. Catharsis, even if only temporary, and thought I'd tease a sample your way. 

I'll let the listener track down its origins and context but put this long player on and let it wash over you and still the room and work through some of those things we often seek to bury through various means, including certain styles of music.

Not sure how often I will post but I am here in spirit even if not in print.

And I remain hopeful that there are more of us than there are of them and that this too shall pass.

6 comments:

  1. Not aware of what's been happening but hope all okay or improving now. Have missed your excellent posts. Peace, cheers phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been checking your blog every once and awhile. Good to see you back but please take your time! I've been through difficult times 5 years ago and most of these situations take time... Now I live one day at a time and I live my life on life's terms.. it's the best thing I ever deceided. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's still hope. Peace.

    And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you back. Best wishes. Thanks for your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back online. Sincerely hope that all is becoming easier for you and your family.

    Inertia from Oz

    ReplyDelete