Sunday, March 22, 2015

Minus Silence - MS 3 [MS​-​031] (2015)


If you like your ambient a little darker, a little more claustrophobic, this may be for you.

Follow my lead as to how I stumbled across this one:

Started with this release here on the Sense/Net label (a current favorite). Was surprised to see this listed on discogs since most of the Sense/Net releases have been added by me. Looked to see who listed it and found someone by the name of lost-radio.

Clicked on the lost-radio name and randomly clicked through some of the entries there and found myself at this bandcamp page which featured a different cover of the same album but released three months earlier.

Intrigued, I went back and found the lost-radio bandcamp page and began the pursuit. Did a search on 'lost-radio' and 'bandcamp' and found the release posted in the title.

Featuring artists new to me, including lost-radio, I've been playing it in the background and it has a drone/ambient vibe that satisfies while driving around town later at night.  You can check it out as a 'buy it now' offering


While there, do some virtual digging and see what the label has to offer. Currently at 33 releases there is certainly something there to go deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment